The Liebster Award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It pays tribute to new blogs, or blogs with a follower count of less than 1,000–including Twitter.
It follows similar principles to a chain letter, in that it should be passed forward to a certain number of deserving blogs. As Tom Benson (he who nominated she who nominated me) wrote, “It’s fun and does a marketing job for all who participate.” And, as my nominator, Kathy, wrote: The word “liebster” is German in origin and has several definitions, including but not limited to: dearest, sweetest, kindest, pleasant, endearing, lovely, cute, nicest, valued and welcome.
From me: while these awards are an honour, and wonderful to receive, not everyone wants to participate, so if you are one of those who don’t, that’s okay – you won’t have some hookily curse cast upon you. 🙂
But should you choose to accept…
- Link back to the blog that nominated you. In my case: Kathy @ http://wktucker.com/
- Answer questions that your nominator has set their nominees.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to receive this award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Contact your nominees and let them know you have nominated them.
My questions from Kathy at http://wktucker.com/, along with my answers.
1. What is your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
Coffee, editing, coffee, Writing, friends/family, reading, tv.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
Yes. Sorry, but I really am both.
3. What is your most prized possession?
Creativity? Or Monkey; not that I ‘possess’ him – it’s more that he possesses me.
4. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? (The very first thing you can remember.)
5. If you could become a fictional character, who would it be?
6. Do you believe in an afterlife–not necessarily heaven and hell?
I believe in something, be it afterlife/reincarnation/absorption…
7. Do you prefer coffee or tea–or something stronger?
8. If you had the time and/or money to go back to school/college, what would you study?
Probably languages, so I could annoy more people with my incessant inanities.
9. If for the remainder of your life, you could eat only one cut of meat, (Such as pork bacon or beef steak.) what would you pick?
10. Do you think time travel will ever be possible?
I think it is; ‘they’ are simply good at hiding/masking.
11. What prompted you to become a writer?
11 random facts about me:
1. I don’t die my eyebrows
2. I exercise less than I think I do
3. I write less than I feel I should
4. I don’t understand why people don’t play 3words
5. I am nonviolent
6. I am right-handed
7. I am two left-footed
8. I am super-clumsy
9. I dislike check-ups
10. The older I get the less interested I am in what went before
11. I am king-procrastinator
My nominations (in no particular order, and possibly not <1000) are:
Now, here are your questions:
1. If you could have written any one novel, which would it be and why?
2. If you could invite any fictional character round for coffee, who would it be and why?
3. How long did you wait before getting around to/completing this award post?
4. If you could change your name (and you can), what would you choose and why?
5. What is your favourite word?
6. Who is your favourite actor?
7. What is your favourite film?
8. Who/what is your favourite singer/band?
9. Do you play any musical instruments?
10. If you could be a dance, which would you be and why?
11. Which three words would you be happy if others used to describe you?